Thursday, September 17, 2015

Tech Tip: Pinterest Board, Pinterest Embedded

Alright so I use pinterest all the time so this task was really a walk in the park.  However I did not have the browser button before and I didn't know I could do that, so that's pretty cool.

So I posted a board for our Indian Epics class titled: "Indian Epics Portfolio"  pretty simple.  I chose two boards to pin from Professor Gibbs pinterest because I found the "English words from the Indian language" board pretty cool.  There are several words there that I definitely thought were just english words but were in fact based in the Indian language through time and travel.  I chose the words "shampoo" and "candy".

Shampoo apparently comes from the champoe which originally comes from the meaning "to massage" or "to knead, press"  all the way from sanskrit language.  However the word "Candy" comes originally from the word Kantu in sanskrit meaning "ball of candied sugar" and made it's way through he Persian language all the way to French and then English. Follow Briana Gordon's board Indian Epics Portfolio on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment