Monday, September 28, 2015

Thoughts About Comments

Alright so, so far I've noticed that the most helpful comments for me are those that actually critique the writing I've done so far.  Sometimes it's hard for people to see their own mistakes after staring at the same words for an hour or so, therefore I think it's really helpful when people suggest that I add more description to a place where I could have elaborated more, or on grammar, because let's be honest, sometimes sentences can last forever!  However it is really nice to know what parts of a story are so interesting to the people who are reading it so that I might be able to continue to use that sort of writing device knowing that it works to engage, or interest a reader. I will admit that I also like the encouraging comments too...it makes me feel good knowing that I've written something good!

Also I think you can learn a lot about a person by how they post comments, such as: when a person comments on your introduction and they tell you something about themselves because it relates to your own story.  So slowly, over the course of the semester you can really start to understand and know how people are, even if they didn't leave it in their introduction in the first place!


No comments:

Post a Comment