Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Week 8 Reading Plan

Alright so far I like the way the readings have played out and I'd really like to to learn about different Indian Epics so as to really give myself a more solid base in Indian mythology with more sources.  So far I've read some of the stories by Sunity Devee and I would really like to finish her book Nine Ideal Indian Women however I only have one set of women left to read on this.  I would also like to get a look at some of the other gods and goddesses within the world of the Ramayana and Mahabarta

Week 9:  For this week I will be finishing the Sunity Devee book "Nine Ideal Indian Women" which is a free online source. This includes the stories of two women Shakuntala and Shaibya.

Week 10: I'll use this week to start expanding my knowledge of the gods, this week will be on Shiva using Sister Nivedita's books "Myths of the Hindus and Buddhists" and "Cradle Tales".

Week 11: This week I will learn more about Krishna using Sister Nivedita's book "Cradle Tales".

Week 12:  This week I will continue my education of Krishna and the Indian gods with the reading of Cox's book "Tales of Krishna and the Gods".

Week 13 and 14:  These last two weeks I think I would like to browse through the comics on hold at the Bizzel library, most specifically on the gods and goddesses.  These comics are the Amar Chitra Katha readings.


No comments:

Post a Comment