Thursday, October 29, 2015

Week 10, Reading Feedback

Okay so this week I chose Sister Nivedita's stories about Shiva from her books "Myths of the Hindus and Buddhists" and "Cradle Tales".  Out of these I actually only read a partial part of the first one and all of the second book.  I felt really intimidated by the amount of stories in the "Myths" book which is why I didn't read it as well, I felt like it was hard to get it in all in one day.

One thing I noticed was that in the story "Tiger-footed" the characters name was never mentioned, neither was the real name of the place where he sought worship to Shiva, I think these are important so I actually looked it up and ended up doing my storytelling piece on it.

I think one of the biggest problems I had with these readings was the format, I have sort of bad eyes and it was hard to read in the format of a book that's online.  I end up having to zoom way in and then it's not like flipping through an actual book, and you never know how long a story is unless you just click through to the end first.  I like knowing how many pages I'm going to read.  I like the format of Project Gutenberg the best.

tiger

No comments:

Post a Comment