Sunday, November 15, 2015

Week 12, Famous Last Words

I think this week was really hard for me.  I think each week will continue to get harder as well, the closer we get to the end of the semester.  This time of year gets really hard for me because everything really starts hitting at once.  Luckily this class is fairly easy to keep up with, but I still have two more research papers to do in addition to some final presentations and a take-home final that I'm crossing my fingers on!

Also, me and my boyfriend just moved into an apartment for the first time this year so it'll be a lot of fun to decorate for the holidays and really get into the spirit. We plan on getting a real tree, albeit a small one, and then decorating our small apartment with odds and ends from the ever-awesome Hobby Lobby.  However the tree will be our only presents this year, that's what happens when you work at a grocery store. :(

On top of all that, this time of year gets very busy for the floral industry. People start wording table centerpieces for thanksgiving since they start having family dinners and parties. Then on top of that you have to start gearing up for the christmas holidays in addition to weddings every weekend! It's gonna get crazy! Luckily I have an awesome boss who understands my priorities to my college classes comes first and she tries really hard to give me those 40 hours every week without interfering with my school work, she awesome!  Just another year of working full-time and trying to graduate from college!  :)

Here's a picture of one of the holiday centerpieces that I did for a holiday show the other day.  These are two foot long rectangles of nothing but flowers.  They're really really cool to make and are usually used for head tables at say weddings or parties where there will be a really long table or multiple tables.  I think they're really cool as you can put pretty much anything in these and they'll look amazing!


Personal photo of a two foot long floral arrangement for a holiday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment