Saturday, November 28, 2015

Week 14, Famous Last Words

Alright so this last week was Thanksgiving week and I really wanted to finish up with this class this week so to pass that final hurtle, I'm writing this.

This last week a did a lot of reading on famous ceremonies that pertained to some Indian gods that were a little more obtuse than most.  There were even a few that I read twice but were under different names.  I really enjoyed this reading because the sections were fairly short and easy to read while also containing very relevant information.  It was a good way to learn about several gods in a short amount of time.

I actually haven't done any writing this last week since I"m pretty much done with the class, but I think I've done some really interesting writing in my spare time.  I like to write stories in my spare time and I've just been playing around with writing a medieval fantasy story, which helps me get out my creative side and keeps me from buying reading books at the bookstore.

So far in my other classes it has been going pretty slow.  I had to write a short five page paper for a low level politics class which really wasn't my style and it was really hard to just make myself sit down and write it despite having all the information together a week ago.  I submitted it ten minutes before it was due. :(  Then I'll have another short quiz for the same class this Tuesday which I think will continue in the same fashion.  However my Capstone class is where I really need to work hard because I have a 20 page paper and a presentation on said paper due in December for finals which I really need to get on top of.  I don't even have my subject picked out yet....I know dumb.

In other news though, I had to work through Thanksgiving so that all the lovely people in my city could have their Thanksgiving centerpieces and arrangements.  However I'm not upset about it because my boyfriend had to work too and really my job isn't that bad at all so it's forgivable.  Also there was holiday pay involved. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment