Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Week 13, Reading Feedback

I think the main reason I chose the readings that I did this week is because they were free and I would not be going to campus in time to read the comics that I originally wanted to read.  I actually did like the readings that I chose because I don't remember having seen the Neogi selection when I went through to make my reading guide in week 8.  

I think what is continuing to make the biggest impression on me is the focus of women on being a good wife.  Like Savitri actually is worshiped for being such a good wife that she would follow her husband into death.  I think the implication here is that there is no life after your husband dies, as if your husband is your only life and without him or children, then there is nothing for you.  I think that's crazy!

This reading did not come with a reading guide, but it didn't really need it. The readings were fairly short and easy to read.  I spent about four hours on the reading this time because I actually had the time. I read the online version of a print book which I tend to like better because the print is easy to read, you can zoom in and out, and the screen isn't quite so bright because it's paper color.  


No comments:

Post a Comment