Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Week 13, Famous Last Words

Alright so this week I decided that since my other teachers gave me the week off from school that I would really push to get this class done completely for the semester. So I spent all of today, Tuesday, working on homework for this class so that I could at least get ahead so I'm not struggling to get everything done for this class plus the finals for my other two classes.

I think the one thing that I'm really sad about with the readings is that I wish there was more information about other characters instead of a whole lot of information just on the heroes of the stories. I know a whole lot about Rama and Arjuna and Yudhishthira but not a whole lot about Draupadi, Sita, or say all of the evil people. :(

So I don't think I really did any great writing this week. I feel like my brain is sort of burnt out and that its difficult to get even the most simplest forms of writing out. So I wen to the bookstore today to get inspired and ended up fumbling through the fantasy and fiction areas, where have all the good writers gone?!

I have noticed that due to this class I do find that I'm a lot more interested in the Indian culture now that I know some of their epics. I'm really interested in how the epics relate to modern life in India and if it's something that everyone seems to know or it is something that even they have to study.
Also I’m starting to really see why women in other parts of the world have such a hard time actually getting equal human rights. The inequality is basically ingrained in their culture and history. Women are taught from childhood storybooks that being a great wife is the most important thing in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment