Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Week 15, Reflections

So looking back, I've really learned a whole lot from this class.  I've learned a lot about creativity and how to tap into that little nugget in my brain.  However, most of all I've learned a lot about the Indian Epics of India.  I know characters by name, I know regions associated with certain epics, gods and goddesses that I didn't know or understand beforehand, and a whole lot about Indian culture.

Before this class I had never had a blog before, so this was something completely new for me.  I learned how to create a blog, change its template, change its design, do labels, edit posts, insert Pinterest into my posts and blog.  I learned how to add images, links, gidgets and gadgets, a little html coding, and how to express myself well through my words.  As my boyfriend often says, "Use your words!"

I learned a few things about growth mindset and I learned that I can sometimes rant pretty good when I get on a subject that I'm passionate about, like flowers, Syrian refugees, or baking.  Also I think I can come away from this class pretty proud of myself.  I always wondered what it would be like to not actually go to class and be able to sort of keep my own schedule.  I really liked this class and how it worked, the deadlines and all that.  My favorite part is being able to work ahead of the schedule and all the extra credit work there is.  I really feel like I could control what grade I wanted by how hard I actually worked which was awesome and rewarding, to see the points go up and the workload go down.  Overall I've loved this class, the feedback from Professor Gibbs, the feedback from my classmates and even those from the other class was really interesting!

I think I'm most proud of myself for the way that I continually tried to come up with something new for the storytelling posts and the projects.  I didn't want to have something super boring, I really wanted to give my stories that creativeness that some of the others had.  I was really inspired by some of the stories that my classmates wrote and I think it was great to get to know everyone and post to them on a weekly basis!  This was a really great class and I"m very glad that I took it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment