Sunday, August 30, 2015

Overview

I guess I am very fond of epics, I suppose. I know loosely what this term means and I'm sure that some of the classics I have read throughout high school and in college were considered epics as well. When I think of epics as they relate to mythology I think of all the Greek and Roman mythology and the stories that we have found about their gods, goddesses, and heroes.  I haven't personally studied Buddhism or Hinduism, however I did learn quite a bit about both while visiting China and I actually got to meet a Buddhist monk while there.  However on the flip side I do know quite a bit about Islam and I have actually tried to read some of the original passages from the Quran, however the Arabic is nothing like todays Arabic!   Also I've never really studied anything about India however I read a teen fantasy book that was centered around Indian artifacts and mythology, I found it very interesting!

(photo by: Indian Epics)

I chose this photo because while I was in China there were quite a few temples and museums that we visited and the type of art used in this sculpture is very familiar and similar to those I saw in China.  

No comments:

Post a Comment