Monday, August 31, 2015

Storybook Favorites

The first storybook to grab my eye was the very first one on the list Law & Oder: SSU and strictly from its name it already has a place in my heart,  the Law & Order television series can always be found my television recordings and I have watched every single episode of Law & Order: SVU.  However the second thing that caught my eye was the shape shifting, this looks like it could be a great fantasy book.  This storybook was structured in a way that it explained each character fully with information on what parts they play within the story with a more modern twist, and each character's profile is read like an agents file would.  I love this modern spin on something that is most usually read as ancient history!

The second storybook to find me was Visit Us, A Country With a Past which was very informative. It uses the system of a travel brochure in order to give historical information on places within India with what seemed like a fun attitude.  She chose three places to showcase in her blog including: Hanuman Garhi, Elephanta Caves, and Triveni Sangam, giving extensive information without it making it sound like a history lesson.  I've never heard of many of these places!

The third storybook that I read through was a little different, which is why it drew my attention, Indian Epics News. This storybook used the framework of a news network to give information on the abductions of Draupadi and Princess Sita, both of which were extremely beautiful and married, carried away by other men who wish to have them.  I thought this was an interesting way to deliver a historical account of what happened and even included a 911 call from a fawn that I thought was slightly funny.

Overall I really liked the creativity that was used to make all three of these and I was especially interested in the Law & Order: SSU storybook. I thought it was a great way to give information and make it seem like another world altogether.

This is a screenshot from the storybook, Indian Epics News.




No comments:

Post a Comment